Looking for home repipe specialists in San Antonio or New Braunfels, Texas. Service First AC Repair & Plumbing performs many types of replumbing, repiping, and pipe replacement services. Thinking of having a pex repipe to upgrade your home? Contact us to request a free repiping quote or to request emergency plumbing service.
Pex Pipe Replacement
Whether you’re planning to build a new house or your home is older and you’re thinking of upgrading, there is never a bad time to upgrade. While some builders do not include PEX plumbing as an option, you may find that your builder is willing to hire a third-party plumbing company like Service First AC Repair & Plumbing to install the durable pipes.
Why Replumb Your Home with Pex?
- Cheaper than copper, galvanized, and PVC
- Absorbs less contaminants and pollutants that can be transferred to your drinking water
- More durable and breakage resistant
- Zones allow you to quickly and easily restrict water flow to zones from control panel
- Peace of mind
Replacing water pipes with Pex pipe will give you peace of mind because Pex piping is much more durable and less likely to leak or burst and cause costly water damage.
Pex is made of a bendable and nearly impenetrable plastic material called polybutylene that is resistant to freezing, tearing and breakage.
You can control the water flow of pex pipes easily by shutting off zones to stop the water supply to specific areas should a sprinkler head get mowed over you need to turn off the water to fix a sink.
What Types of Plumbing Pipe can be Replaced with Pex?
Pex piping can replace plumbing pipes made of galvanized steel, copper, and PVC.
When Should Plumbing Pipes Not be Replaced with Pex?
The pipes directly connected to a water heater cannot be replaced with Pex, only a PVC pipe can be directly connected to it and then Pex piping can attach from there. Pex piping is not recommended for use outdoor use because excessive heat and/or UV rays can cause premature wear and tear not intended by the manufacturer.
- Repiping Home with Zoned Plastic Tubing System
- Unblock AC Condensate Drain Line to Avoid a Ceiling Leak
- Emergency HVAC Repair 24 Hours a Day
- New Braunfels Plumbers & HVAC Repair Specialists
- Broken Evaporator Coil Replacement